The CDC has launched a new COVID-19 Data Tracker module that includes state-specific vaccine administration information for the federal Pharmacy Partnership for Long-Term Care program. The module includes an interactive U.S. map and data, which are updated daily.
To date, more than 2 million long-term care residents and staff have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine. Other new stats as of January 21 include:
- Total doses of vaccine distributed: 37,960,000 (up from 30.6 million doses administered a week ago)
- Average number of doses distributed each day: 925,854 (up from 900,829 a week ago)
- Total number of people initiating vaccination: 17,546,374 (up from 11.1 million a week ago)
- Average doses administered each day: 427,960 (up from 327,912 a week ago)
- Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 46.2% (up from 36.4% one week ago)
- Number of doses administered in long-term care: 2,089,181 (up from 1.225 million doses a week ago); this represents 70% of the 3 million first doses anticipated for the long-term care sector.
- Average daily doses administered to long-term care sector: 50,956 (up from 36,044 a week ago)